Castilla La Mancha 2020
The public call was published on 17th February 2020
Total number of places for English Teachers for Castilla La Mancha 2020: 81 (77 + 4)
Registration dates for Castilla La Mancha 2020
Registration opened on 18th February and closes on 9th March 2020.
You should indicate your preferences in terms of schools/towns and/or provinces for the internship or training period (see Annex VIII of current call) in case your candidacy in the competition & contest is successful.
You may apply online or at the Education Office, which for English this year is the one in Ciudad Real. Avda. Alarcos 21 – 13071 – Ciudad Real. The exam for English teachers will take place in Ciudad Real.
It is also possible to send your application by post at the address above.
Official Opening Date for the “Oposiciones” in Castilla La Mancha 2020
Not before 1st June 2020
The Official Opening for the Competitive Exam in Castilla La Mancha 2020 will be after June, 1st 2020. It may be on the same date as that for the actual exams (Part 1A).
Exam Contents for Oposiciones Profesores inglés Secundarias
Just as in all the other Autonomous Regions, the Castilla La Mancha 2020 exam consists of 2 parts. You need to pass the first with at least a 5 to qualify for Part 2.
This part consists of Part 1A & Part 1B:
Part 1A. Practical Language Exam
Consisting of 3 Sections on questions pertaining to linguistic, literary or socio-cultural issues based on or related to a text in prose – in English- from the 20th or 21st century (novel, essay or journalistic article).
Part 1. B. Essay writing on one topic from the 1993 list
Like in 2018, this year 2020, you will have to write one essay on one of the 5 topics which will come out in the draw from the total list of topics. You have two hours to do it.
Each Part (1A & 1B) represents 50% of the total mark of the first part. You need to get at least 2.5 out of 10 in each part to qualify. And a minimum of 5 marks in this Part 1 to pass to the second stage of the Competitive Exam (Oposición).
Preparing for Part 1 of the Exam
Remember to follow the advice given to you here and in our Introductory Course. You must use a blue or black ink pen and must follow the indications provided by the panels. Neat handwriting is essential, as illegible essays or those showing a personal “mark” will be declared null.
You can also practise all the above with Our books “Volumen Práctico” and “Analysis de Textos”. Also with the materials for language practice, we cover at Foundation Plus & the Building Blocks. You may also find our post text analysis of help.
All the requirements your syllabus design needs to meet for the “Castilla La Mancha 2020 call”, plus the elements you need to include are in 5.1. Fase Oposición. 2.Segunda Prueba of the Official Gazette of Castilla La Mancha.
The Syllabus Design will be handed in – by those candidates who have passed the First Part of the Exam – to their Examining Board on the day they are called to present their Rationale.
- The Syllabus Design needs to be based on the Official Curricula for English for this Academic Year 2019-20.
- It should have a maximum of 60 pages, on one side, including annexes, content pages, etc.
- There should be a minimum of 12 Units. The Units need to be numbered.
- The font is Arial, 12 and single space.
- The front page should include the candidate’s details, the selection process and the subject. The front page is excluded from the 60-page count.
- Check all the details in the Official Gazette.
The oral presentation should last one hour maximum, distributed as follows:
30 minutes maximum for the syllabus design + 30 minutes maximum for the didactic unit
- You will choose one unit out of three from those included in your syllabus design.
- The units need to include the aspects pointed out under B) Preparación y exposición de una unidad didáctica (page 4147 of this call)
- For the preparation and oral presentation of the unit, you have one hour and you can use any supplementary material you may deem appropriate and an outline.
- The outline shall not exceed one sheet and will be handed in, to the examining board, at the end of the presentation.
- This part is assessed globally, and you need to get at least 5 out of 10 to qualify.
“POPPIES” helps you prepare for the Competitive Exam with
The book Inglés Programación Didáctica to get the principles behind drafting a syllabus, provide the English version of Key legislation and give you samples of how things may be done.