Oposiciones Castilla y León 2018: The public call was published on 7th March 2018. The exam will start on 23rd June 2018.
- Secondary English teachers: 110 places in total (64+12+23+11)
- English teachers at Official Schools of Languages: in total,10 positions.
Enrolment dates for Oposiciones Castilla y León 2018
It opened on 8th March and will close on 27th March You have to do it online
The exam will start on 23rd March 2018, in Valladolid, both for Secondary and Official School English teachers.
Exam Contents both for Secundaria & Official School English Teachers
Like everywhere else, the exam consists of 2 parts. You need to pass the first in order to be a candidate for the second. Very important: you need to hand in your syllabus design at the Opening of the Examination Process in this Oposiciones Castilla y León 2018.
This part consists of two:
Part 1.A. Practicum
- 3 —not necessarily literary— texts will be on offer and the candidate needs to select 2 of them. The texts will include questions on the functional use of language and others related to teaching procedures concerning linguistic, discursive and/or socio-cultural aspects found in the text. The questions are, as usual, varied and can be anyone’s guess. You will find some possible types in Our books “Volumen Práctico” and “Analysis de Textos”. Also in the materials for language practice, we cover at the various Poppies Courses. You may also find our post text analysis of help.
- A 220-260 word composition out of 2 on offer. The composition will deal with current affairs and take one of the following genres or forms:
As usual, I am counting on you, candidates, to get back to me once you’ve done the exam and let me know the specific questions so that we can incorporate them in future texts, as we did in 2017, where we incorporated some of the aspects covered in Autonomous Regions such as Canarias and Galicia .
- The time assigned for Part 1A in the call Oposiciones Castilla y León 2018 is to be decided by the panels as a whole.
- This part represents 40% of the total mark for Part 1.
Part 1. B. Essay
This year 2018, you will have to write one essay on one of the 5 topics which will come out in the draw from the list of 69. You have two hours to do it. Remember to follow the advice given to you here and in our mini-course. This part represents 60% of the total mark of the first part.
The candidates will read aloud both Part 1 A and Part 1 B, so don’t forget to practise reading aloud.
Remember that you need to hand in your syllabus design at the beginning of the whole process.
All the requirements your syllabus design needs to meet, together with the elements you need to include in your oral presentation are described in the Official Gazette of the Junta de Castilla y León. It is important to bear in mind that you have 30 minutes maximum for the rationale and 30 minutes for the didactic unit (1 hour in total). The Syllabus Design needs to be 60 pages long, excluding front page, index, and annexes. The fort is 12 Arial, single spacing, and 6p between paragraphs. Check all the details in the Official Gazzete.
Our book Inglés Programación Didáctica will help you with this part.
And, since one person who got the book via Amazon thinks that the book has some very interesting things but if you are starting from scratch you may need some further help, here’s my offer:Send me an email saying where and when you got the book and I’ll send you the Guide I use in the Poppies Courses to help my students with it.
Also, I am putting together a course to guide you, with videos and extra workbooks to make sure that you produce a syllabus design which meets all the requirements
In any case, I am happy to hear your comments and questions. I’ll reply to them whenever possible, and will always take them into account to help you in the future.