Oposiciones Inglés -maestros Madrid 2019
Registration Dates for Oposiciones maestros inglés Madrid 2019
From 11th March till 5th April
Number of places for English teachers
There are 1,078 in total (1,003 + 75 reserved for candidates with disabilities)
The exam for the oposiciones inglés maestros (competitive exam for Primary English teachers) starts on 22nd June 2019.
Exam parts for the Oposiciones inglés maestros -Madrid 2019
The competitive exam will consist of the following parts:
This is in Spanish, which is common for all the candidates (except for those in Infant Education).
The questions in this part will be related to the contents laid down by Decree 89/2014 of 24th July. The questions, therefore, will be on issues
The time assigned for this part is one hour and a half.
- Listening with questions on it. (4 marks)
- Text with questions on context and language use (3 marks)
- Questions on phonology, morpho-syntax, semantics, and pragmatics related to the text (2 marks)
- Questions on methodology related to the text given (1 mark)
Time assigned will be one hour and a half.
Marks for Part 1A (A1+A2)
The first part (part A1) represents 30% of the total. This is the exam in Spanish on General issues.
The second part (part A2) represents 70% of the total. This is the language exam in English.
Candidates need to get, at least, 25% of the total mark to qualify for Part 1B. And the total mark of Part 1A represents 70% of Part 1.
Part 1 B: Essay on one topic
Candidates have to write one essay on one topic out of three ramdonly extracted from the list of 25. You have 2 hours to draft your essay.
This part represents 30% of Part 1. You need to get at least a 5 (out of 10) to qualify for the second part.
The following criteria will be used:
- Grammatical appropriacy: syntactic structure, verb forms, correct use of prepositions.
- Lexical richness and appropriacy
- Correct spelling
- 0.25 marks will be taken off for mistakes showing confusion or lack of knowledge.
- Grammatical errors will cancel the answer when they prevent understanding. In all other cases, 0.25 marks will be taken off
For further specification of assessment criteria, check the Official Gazzette here
Part 2: Syllabus and Unit
Part 2A: Syllabus design
You need to hand in your syllabus design (aka scheme of work, teaching programme, teaching plan) when the panels say so.
The document needs to specify
- objectives for the stage,
- assessment criteria,
- learning standards for assessment,
- assessment procedures and tools, and
- how you plan to cater
forstudents with specific and special educational needs.
The contents need to be distributed into at least 15 units, which need to be related and numbered in an index. There must be a maximum of 60 pages, including annexes. Font Arial 12 and double space.
You need to give the Rationale behind your Syllabus orally in front of the panel.
This part represents 30% of the total for Part 2.
Part 2B Oral presentation of a unit
Out of three units
Part 2B represents 70% of the total mark for part 2.
How does SLS Hallam-Poppies help you with this oposición?
We offer One-to-one coaching, where we focus on
- how to improve your essay writing,
- practice with the language exam
- your syllabus and unit oral presentation skills and contents