Oposiciones Profesores Murcia 2018: The public call was published on 9th April 2018. The date for the exam is 23rd June 2018, though you may be required to attend the presentation earlier (as from June 15th).
- Secondary English teachers: 136 places in total (122+6+4+4)
Enrolment dates for Oposiciones Murcia 2018
It opened on 10th April and will close on 30th April You have to do it online
23rd June 2018.
Exam Contents for Secondary English teachers
Like everywhere else, the exam consists of 2 parts. You need to pass the first in order to be a candidate for the second.
This part consists of two:
Part 1.A. Practicum
(See Annex 6 of this Public Call)
- A linguistic (lexical, phonetical and grammatical) comprehension and competence exercise, which will involve answering the questions set by the board on a text or texts by significant authors. The exercise may include an analysis of the text or texts concerning text type and genre, (main & secondary) communicative functions, stylistic resources or any other aspect the Selection Board may deem required.
- An exercise consisting of solving practical issues pertaining the official list of topics or the curriculum. This may involve scientific, methodological or didactic issues the Selection Board may ask. The exercise may involve one or several linguistic skills (oral comprehension, production or interaction and written comprehension or production).
To prepare for this part,
- Text analysis with answers to questions similar to those included in previous calls:
- Text analysis -including communicative functions and text-types
- Various activities on language practice.
- Activities covering some methodological or didactic procedures
- In the Foundation & Building Block Courses, we also cover a variety of questions which may be the type proposed by the board. You may also find our post on text analysis of help.
- The time assigned for Part 1A in the call Oposiciones Murcia 2018 is of two hours maximum.
- This part represents 50% of the total mark for Part 1.
Part 1. B. Essay
This year 2018, you will have to write one essay on one of the 5 topics which will come out in the draw from the list of 69. You have two hours to do it. Remember to follow the advice given to you here and in our mini-course. This part represents 50% of the total mark of the first part.
You need to hand in 2 copies of your syllabus design when the panel establishes (the working day after the marks for the 1st part have been published).
All the requirements your syllabus design needs to meet, together with the elements you need to include in your oral presentation are described in the Official Gazette of the Región de Murcia, please check Annex XII. It is important to bear in mind that you have 30 minutes for the rationale, the complete didactic unit cannot last more than 45 minutes, and the debate 15 minutes. The Syllabus Design needs to be 70 pages long including annexes and indexes and excluding front page. The font is 11 Arial, single spacing. Check all the details in the Official Gazette, particularly Annex XII for the requirements the syllabus has to meed and Annex 5 for Current Legislation ( It is also stated in…
And, since one person who got the book via Amazon thinks that the book has some very interesting things but if you are starting from scratch you may need some further help, here’s my offer:Send me an email saying where and when you got the book and I’ll send you the Guide I use in the Poppies Courses to help my students with it.
Syllabus Design Course
Also, I have put together a Course to guide you, with videos and extra workbooks to make sure that you produce a syllabus design which meets all the requirements
In any case, I am happy to hear your comments and questions. I’ll reply to them whenever possible, and will always take them into account to help you in the future.