Global Collaboration Day in 2017: 21st September.Global Collaboration Day in 2017: 21st September. Clic para tuitear
A great opportunity for English teachers to
- Connect your classroom to the world.
- Get your students to collaborate with other schools in English.
- Design or take part in projects which will be enriching not only in terms of using the language but also in terms of personal development.
Global Collaboration Day is held every year
The first time I heard about Global Collaboration Day was via e-mail
Back in 2014
And it was about one of the projects. I published it on the old blog for teachers. But since I am moving or have moved all the relevant posts to the Poppies’ blog I’ll tell you about it in a following post. I believe it can be carried out in collaboration with other schools and with other teachers at any time. That is why, inspired on it I will be proposing a project around it.
Then in 2015
I did not have time to publish the information well in advance because I was busy with the second edition of the Poppies Foundation Course. So I copied the e-mail the organisers had sent me. They were explaining the idea and here is the link to that year’s post
And again in 2016
Last year’s post announcing Global Collaboration Day was also limited to copying the e-mail sent to me by the organisers. It had all the information you needed to join the projects.
Why do I think Global Collaboration Day and projects are a great idea?
There are many reasons. Among them:
- Projects like this foster Collaboration among different students, different teachers, different locations, different countries even.
- It’s a great opportunity for students to use the language in real communicative situations: with other students and other teachers.
- Students can learn, using the English language, about different realities in other parts of the world.
- At the same time, they are given problems to solve and so they are learning by doing.
So, find out about this year’s Global Collaboration Day: Visit this page
and read this.