País Vasco 2020
- The Public Call for “Profesores de Inglés” was published on 27th February 2020.
- There are 14 places in total (6+1+7)
- You need to have a C-1 level in Basque. (And in Spanish if you are not a Spanish national or the official language of your country is other than Spanish)
- To apply you need to feel in the form at http://www.euskadi.eus/gobierno-vasco/personal-educacion/ – «OPE2020. Enseñanza Secundaria y Formación Profesional» – «Procedimientos de ingreso y acceso» – «Solicitud de admisión»
- Application Period: from 28th February to 18th March 2020.
Exam Contents for the “Oposición” in the País Vasco-2020
Like in all the rest of the Autonomous Regions the exam in the País Vasco-2020 consists of 2 parts. The first is written and it is in its Part 1A where the main difference lies.
While in other Autonomous Regions we have -sometimes very brief but specific- indications as per subject, in the Basque Country (País Vasco-2020) the indications are for all the subjects.
Here are the key indications in terms of what may appear in the exam:
- A question related to educational intervention.
- A Text Analysis, which may include linguistic, morphosyntactic, stylistic and/or literary questions.
- When the text analysis is literary, the questions may be related to conceptual and stylistic features.
- If the text analysis has a linguistic orientation, then the focus will be on those features.
- A translation from English into either Euskera or Spanish. The candidate can choose the target language.
- The exam may consist of several of the above texts. In all cases, there will be at least one related to the teaching practice.
- In this POPPIES’ Post, we give you some tips on how to approach this part if these are the questions you are asked.
In the Basque Country 2020, this part is just like everywhere else. You have to produce an essay in two hours on one of the 5 topics drawn from the 1993-list of 69 topics.
In order to preserve the anonymous character of the candidates’ assessment, the exam should contain no marks nor any other sign which might give away the identity of the candidates.
Remember the tips we give you in this POPPIES’ Post
Part 2 of the Exam: Syllabus and unit
As usual, we recommend that you check the requirements set under 7. 1. 2 – Segunda Prueba of this call.
Syllabus Design: requirements in the Basque Country 2020
In this case, Your Syllabus design should include a minimum of 40 and a maximum of 60 pages. The format is DIN-A4 and you should write on just one page.
The Syllabus needs to have at least 9 units which should be numbered. The units may include projects, problem-solving situations, challenges, etc.
For the oral presentation, you may only use an exact copy of the one given to the Examining Board.
Preparation & Oral Presentation of the Unit
Like in other Autonomous Regions, in the Basque Country 2020 you can present one unit from your syllabus. To do so, you choose one unit out of three randomly drawn from the total number in your Syllabus.
Again, the elements to include are specified under 220.127.116.11. of this call.
As we need to publish other things, please consult the link above. If you have any questions you think we can help you with, post a comment and I’ll try to answer ASAP